That age-old question, “where do you see yourself in 5 years…” becomes a reality when I find myself trying to revive a blog after a nearly 5 year hiatus.
So, I ask myself, as I
cringe read peruse these old dusty posts and find myself wondering, “am I where I thought I would be in 5 years?” Very quickly, and without thought, I can tell you that the answer is no. Nope, retract – actually the answer is “HELL, NO!” Am I disappointed with my 5 year older self? Sort of. However, I am simultaneously proud of what I have achieved. What have I been doing these last 5 years, you ask? In short I:
- Got a divorce
- Raised 2 children into elementary school age
- Bought a house
- Got a new job
- Lost my Boo Bear
- Finished my masters degree
These are all amazing things and I am proud of all, but my failing marriage of course – I have been through tremendous growth. Which brings me back to this blog….does anyone even blog anymore? In the last 5 years, I have a seen a shift from actual blogging to Instagram and Facebook posts. All of this is great, and I too love the IG/FB world, but I find that I really miss writing.
Guess that means I’m reviving this little blog…..
I have been thinking about this blog for a while, I mean what am I going to write about? I have no straight answer here, but based on my prior writings (and if you have followed me in the past) you can pretty much guess it will most likely be random. That’s me in a nutshell, Queen of Random!
I can tell you what I will not be blogging about: specifics on my divorce, complaints of my job and co-workers (I love my new job and co-workers), politics (I’m on here to hone my hobby, not get controversial), and my nineties-thin eyebrows (I refuse to draw them in, no ones got time for that shit).
Things you can expect: shenanigans, random, excerpts from “real stuff” I’m writing, sarcastic quips, mom stuff, kids, education, you know….. my usual….
Speaking of my usual, here are things that remain the same about me:
- I still suffer from Kidney Stones and Oh.Em.Gee, did I really post of a pic of this on the innerwebs???? Sorry….<insert cringe emoji>
- I still pretend to knit, but have few finished products to prove it. Actually, I have zero.
- I still believe in Skinny Jeans. Skinny jeans for life!
- Pretty sure I still talk to people’s voicemail and it may have nothing to do with sleep deprivation…
- I still believe 100% this is a toe!
- Cat Chili and Vagisil incidents are like child’s play compared to some of the other crazy thats happened to me these days….
Alright, guys, so here comes my disclaimer – this blog is for me, and not you. I’ll post what I want, when I want, if I want. I like lots of commas and I put them everywhere and sometimes inappropriately. If you are the grammar police, you may want to hide your eyes. If you don’t like curse words, close your browser. If you don’t like me, well it’s you, not me….
I’m back, BETCHES!