Well, I made it through the first day of school with kids!!!
I mean, let’s be real here:
1) I’m beyond exhaustion to maximum proportions. Is the Zombie Apocalypse here, yet?
2) I’m super anxious and stressed about the school year and we are on day one. As in, “Xanax, please!” kind of anxious.
3) The construction in my room was completed at the ninth hour so my students were lucky to have a place to sit today.
4) Somehow I inherited a pet hamster named Rambo this afternoon . He’s staying at school. I think two cats, two babies AND a hamster would put me over the edge. Know what I mean??
5) I promised my students I won’t get pregnant this school year. Do you know that I was pregnant:
-At the end of the 2009-2010 school year
-At the beginning of the 2010-2011 school year
-At the end of the 2010-2011 school year
-The entire 2011-2012 school year.
Yeah. I’m not exactly the sweetest pregnant lady, so when they laughed I know they were relieved.
Also, thankfully that was not just one pregnancy (although it feels like it) or that would have REALLY sucked!
6) I got one of my “turd” (as my neighbor teacher refers to) students back again this year. This is baffling to me because she hates me and my class. So, today I told one of my friends that I was confused as to how I could get this student back in my class for a THIRD year. As in 3 years! Did I mention my class is an elective? Anyhow, my friend says maybe she doesn’t really hate me and I just think she does. She asks me why I think that.
My response: “because she has told me numerous times, “I hate you and this class.””
So, there you have it folks. Clearly she chooses my class every year just to torture me. Or, she secretly loves me (highly doubt this). At least this makes for yet another super exciting year in a row where I throw a mini party in my head every time she’s absent, right?
Keeps my on my toes!
7) I have 7 boy students this year! That’s a pretty big number although I think that will be down to at least 5 by tomorrow. A couple looked super terrified when they realized what really went on in my class. One actually got choked up when I asked him a question. I thought he was going to bolt, but instead he said, “I never take no class like this before. I didn’t even know we had a preschool!”
Yeah. I don’t think he’ll be there tomorrow.
Let’s hope tomorrow is another uneventful day and that I don’t get any more rodents. Someone also tried to pawn a guinea pig off me today but that’s were I had to draw the line and decline! Bleh!