I know lots of people are depressed and sort of unhappy in the month of January. It makes sense…I mean, it’s after Christmas and there are no more really good holiday’s for a while. It’s kind of like coming down from a high. Oh, and then there’s the other 49 states with snow who probably don’t like January. But, I’m fortunate enough to live in the one state with no snow and quite honestly, even if we did have snow I would still love January this year.
When I think of January, I think of new beginnings. Like a fresh start. I think it’s no surprise to you that Matt and I have gone through quite a bit the last few years:
- 2007 was an amazing year. We got married and purchased our first home. I also started teaching my dream job.
- 2008 was a bummer. Matt started having problems with his hips and I found out about my infertility issues and had a couple failed fertility treatments. Matt and Mike started up the Tow Insurance Agency.
- 2009 sucked. Matt’s hips got progressively worse and we had a failed IVF.
- 2010 was another amazing year with a few bumps in the road. Jamie was born, so it will be a year forever emblazed in my mind. However, Matt also had two major surgeries and that made things a little worrisome for us.
I have to admit that the last couple of years I was kind of depressed during this time of year. I would think, is this another year I don’t get pregnant? Is Matt going to have more pain he has to deal with?
This year is different, though….I feel like all this weight has been lifted off our shoulders. For the first time in a couple of years I have renewed faith and hope for our future. We have so many things to look forward to!
- Matt and I will be embarking on the journey of parenthood. Jamie will be 1 before the year is up and she’s going to learn to do so many amazing things…like eat real food, crawl, walk, and talk!
- I’m moving up career wise. I will be moving into the position of my dreams! The teacher I co-teach with is retiring (sad!), which I’m not happy about, but it means that I will be taking over and directing the preschool. You don’t understand… ever since I took these classes in high school I thought it would be a perfect job for me, and now it is my job! I’m not sure many people can say they have their dream job, but I can!
- Matt’s on the road to recovery. No more surgeries! By this summer he will be like brand new again!!!
- The Tow Agency is doing awesome and expecting to add to their staff by the end of the year!
- Matt and I are getting new carpet and a new “grown up” bedroom set! (I’m not sure he knows that, but he will now…)
- I think my BFF Holly is moving back home and I can’t wait!!!
There are just so many amazing things to look forward to, that I can’t help but just feel happy about all our new possibilities!
With that said, I don’t really have any resolutions, cause I’ve got a shitload of things I need to accomplish (hence the 101 in 1001 to the left), so let’s just say those are my resolutions.
Welcome 2011!!! I am so happy you’re here!!