Recently, I saw this article regarding on how a pesticide has actually changed the sex of frogs.
YES! Male frogs are changing into fully functioning (and reproductive) female frogs.
Ok, I’m no rocket scientist but it seems to me that if pesticides can do that to amphibians that it could probably mess with human fertility too, right? I found this to be VERY interesting, because there seems to be quite an increase in infertility the past decade and I suspect that our environment has something to do with this.
This leads me to some of the changes I’ve made regarding my own health to eliminate some of the toxins in my body. I really do believe that this may have contributed to a successful IVF cycle this time.
1. I now drink ONLY purified water
2. I wear only organic and/or mineral make-up (Physicians Formula)
3. I use only organic and natural face wash and make-up remover (Alba Organics)
4. I use shampoo with no sulfates or phthalates (L’oreal Everpure or Alba Organics)
5. I’m in the process of cutting out artificially made sweetners
6. I’m buying organic veggies and eggs whenever possible
I know these things may seem extreme for baby making, but I feel doing this will also make me as healthy as possible for reasons other than baby making, too.