Interesting term I heard at the doctor’s office:
Spankatory– the room in the doctor’s office where men leave their semen samples.
I kid you not. The nurses were joking about how nice the “spankatory” is in their office. I want to go in there so badly now so I can see! They know me pretty well there now…maybe I can convince them with my sweet sweet smile to let me take a peak…
I wanted to make a post in memory of a good friend and sorority sister of mine who passed away yesterday after a long two year battle with bladder cancer.
Janina Cereska Sygitowicz you will be greatly missed. I will always cherish our moments together in Phi Mu and at the University of Florida. You were one beautiful gal and I will never forget that smile or laugh of yours. We had many fun times together. You will forever be in my heart. Love in our bond…
Since I was off studying for that dratted Social Studies test, I didn’t get a chance to post the word of the week last time. So this time you get 2…
Testicle- a short quiz
Today in class I gave out a testicle after the lesson.
Abdicate- to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach
I think I’ll just abdicate and forget doing sit-ups tonight.
Oh, for those of you experiencing infertility, I highly suggest this book:
It’s a very easy read. I even have Matt reading it! The best part is that there is quite a bit of information on different resources to contact for each specific infertility situation.
Ok, enough of Infertile Suzanne for today…
Went to my special appointment today….
The answer is yes. Fasting really is that bad.
So, back to the important stuff. There were some pros and cons, but looks like I’ve made it past the initial screening for the study.
1) Due to budget cuts (such an ugly term, seriously, when are all we going to have money again so we can have fun??) they had to eliminate/change some things about the study.
- I can only be in the study for one cycle (even though the study goes on for 7 months)
- If I do not get pregnant during this cycle I will still get one round of free drugs, but not the one I want (for my ttc sisters, they are giving clomid instead of GnRH)
2) I can’t have an IUI or IVF during this cycle
1) My ultrasound shows that my ovaries are no longer polycystic! I mean, I still have PCOD, but my ovaries are no longer giant and full of cysts. The metformin worked! The ultrasound also showed some nice follicles. Woo-hoo!!! This probably also explains why my friend actually came in a 28 day cycle for the first time in my entire pubescent years.
2) I have an 80% chance of getting the drug (5 control groups, 1 is placebo) soooo…that is still one month of free GNRH, as opposed to the $1000 we would have to shell out if we did it on our own.
3) I’m still getting paid $500 after the study! So that’s either Vegas money or baby money!
Alright men, for real. Are there any of you who read this blog? If so, comment now or forever hold your peace. There is so much more gross girl stuff to come. That’s a threat.
Any of you juicers out there? I used to be really into it, but have kind of let the dust build up on it lately. Yesterday when I went to the store they had all this really great looking produce, so I bought a bunch and got to juicin. I thought I would share the recipe for the scrumptious juice concoction I just made today:
I like things on the tart side, so if you don’t nix the lime. Also, a few notes on juicing if you are new at this:
1) Buy a really good juicer with a strong motor. Vitamix is the God of all juicers, but if you want something a little cheaper they have some great ones at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. We’ve got an older version of this one and it is awesome.
2) Throw the whole fruit in there with seeds, skin, and all. Well, except for citrus. The oils in the rinds can ruin the juicer