Actually, I was tagged a couple of weeks ago (Sorry, Jen!! My laptop died and then our desktop was on the fritz).
Rules, list 14 things that you love or make you happy.
1. My husband, of course! He makes me laugh more than anyone I know. He’s also THE BEST arcade game player you will ever meet. I have a giant Scooby and an equally large carebear in our guest room to prove it!
2. My family. Matt and I have a wonderfully supportive, loving, and caring family. We wouldn’t ask for better parents or siblings.
3. Our cat, Boo. He really is the cutest, fat, little cat you will ever meet. He has a really funny personality, too.
4. Arts & Crafts. Oh, my…you should see my trunk of “supplies.” I love to make things.
5. Our fun friends. They are just fun. Enough said.
6. Getting off of work at 2:20 (and 1:50 on Fridays).
7. Taking naps. I love taking naps after work with Boo. They are the best!
8. Chocolate and anything candy. Love me some candy!
9. Cooking. I actually do like to cook on most days.
10. Any holiday that involves fireworks.
11. Days off work. I’m counting down the days until Spring Break! Woo-hoo!
12. Reading. I used to read more often than I do now, but hopefully I can catch up some this summer.
13. Summer BBQ’s with Margarita’s. What a fun way to relax with friend’s and family!
14. My home! I really love my home. It still needs some decorating work, but it’s coming along!
Today, I hosted Elaine’s wedding shower. My mom and I have been planning it for months so things went pretty smoothly. Well, until the bear’s head fell off….
By bear, I mean the bride bear cake with raspberry filling. What’s weird is that it made here safe and sound. The head just literally slid off while sitting quietly on the table. I thought I was going to die. I started hyperventilating and crying!! I called my mom hysterical. There was no way to fix the cake and the shower was only 45 minutes away. So, I took a few deep breaths when I had an epiphany…”CALL PUBLIX.” I spoke to the Bakery Manager, who clearly was a little intimidated by my hysterics. Here is a girl screaming and crying hysterically that her perfect shower is ruined becuase the bear’s head fell off. He told me he could have another one done for me in 45 minutes and HE DID!!! Yipee!!! 🙂
So, the shower went perfectly!! Elaine seemed pretty happy and my flower arrangements were a nice touch. Here are a couple pics for you to see. The album is on our site for your viewing pleasure.
One of seven flower arrangements I made
Elaine sitting pretty
Isn’t the bride bear cake so cute?!
Ok, I know my family reads this, but seriously I am in awe. Did you know that barnacles have penises??
Well, apparently they do…check it out:
So, I was at the grocery store the other day and the cashier asked me who I was rooting for.
“Um, rooting for what?” (me, confused)
“The Superbowl,” he says.
“Oh, I don’t even know who’s playing. Is that this Sunday?” (me, still confused)
“Duh- it’s the Patirots against the Giants.” Cashier boy starts laughing at me.
“Well, I’m going to have to research this, I don’t really know.” I couldn’t think of anything witty to say.
I should have been mad at cashier boy for laughing at me, but let’s get real- I’m queen of dumb blonde responses. So, after further investigation I have decided to root for the Patriots. Here is my reasoning: Tom Brady is cute and I’m not a fan of Payton Manning (Vols are Gator Bait!). Since Eli is his brother and he plays for the Giants, my decision was simple. Patriots it is. Go Pats!
Mike told me to tell people it’s becuase of something with the Patriots being undeafted and no team has been undefeated and won the Super Bowl, or some garbage like that. But, come on. If I said that no one would believe me! You know I couldn’t come up with that on my own!
Since I was so excited to finally have a team to root for, I called my parents over and made Italian Beef, Guacamole, and a football cake. What fun! Oh yeah, and Go PATS! (I think. It’s today, right?)